A couple of months ago, I emailed The New Adventures of Old Christine inquiring about the designer of a turtleneck she wore on the show. I got a response about 3 weeks later that I would need to write to the production company to get that information. Took me about a month to do it, but I finally did. While I was on vacation, I got an email stating the designer was Narcisco Rodriguez and it was purchased at Barney's NY in Beverly Hills. I was happily surprised to receive the information, only to be disappointed that because it doesn't appear anywhere online available for purchase (or even pictured). The designer's website is your typical I-am-way-too-artistic-to-have-a-functional-website, but I did manage to sit through the fru-fru introduction crap so that I could find what stores in Portland sell his stuff, so I'll swing by that store sometime on the off chance they have it. It's really a very simple looking item, but I liked it. Of course, if I find it, it will be insanely expensive and I'll refuse to pay that amount, no doubt.
Today is volunteer and I'm really not looking forward to going. All I'll be doing, I think, is editing the Access DB I created from their spreadsheet data. I think my enthusiasm was lost when the primary user told me that he'd never used Access in his life (and, he asked for it to be put into Access, not my suggestion). From my non-profit experience, people who are not office managers or something similar where they must learn basics of computers, typically cannot handle even basic use of Access. Sure, it's just clicking to most people and why would it be difficult? However, I've yet to meet someone who is actually willing to sit down and learn how to use it once it's built (if they haven't already dipped their toes into learning), so I am quite confident this is all for naught. Oh well. I guess they didn't ask me whether I thought it was a good idea ... they just asked me to do it and I should think of it that way.
And moving along with my negative Nellie rants of this post, my stupid nose will not stop running. It's even worse than usual. I'm ready to scream. I can't go more than 2 minutes without blowing my nose.
While I'm still not sure if *our* house has started construction in Mexico, these pictures get me excited to get down there and see the construction progress. Here is a link to the Flickr photos of various construction and sight seeing pictures down there. I find the February 2007 Village Homes pictures very exciting. There are also pictures of whale sightings available from the main photos (first link above). They don't seem to have the same "1,000 yard" rule applied to the whales down there that is applied in Hawaii (they're reaching out to pet a surfacing baby whale from a little boat!)
Random Item of the Day
Totally unrelated to Loreto Bay, check out these Mexico City pictures. At first I thought they were fake, but now I'm pretty sure they're real.
And a very funny commercial:
No comments:
Post a Comment