Pages

Friday, February 23, 2007

Falafel #20 - I Want My $2!

Since when did it become acceptable to charge a monthly $2 fee for billing? Here's the sequence of events:
  1. We give our business to your company
  2. We agree to pay our bills in the most efficient, reliable, and immediate manner possible via automatic account withdrawl
  3. Corporate MFer's still charge us a "service fee" of $2 each month for the privilege of being responsible customers
Huh?

We switched over to Farmer's for our insurance. The agent is very responsive and nice and the quotes came in very close to what she'd stated for the cars and much lower for the house, yet I already have ill will towards them since I get charged $2 per month in order to pay my bill. I called to ask about some other things and she said that those were one-time policy fees (fine) and that the service charge was monthly, but it was worth it because we were getting a discount for paying that way. Are companies stupid? If you want that stupid $2 per month, just offer a smaller discount for paying in that manner and take your stupid $2 out of that. Don't make me feel like I have to pay a fee in order to pay my bill.

Idiots. Corporate America (and I'm sure corporate anywhere) sucks.

I want my $2! (Reference to the classic line from Better Off Dead)

1 comment:

  1. My insurance does the same thing for monthly payments, plus they oddly split the annual fee into ten monthly payments instead of twelve. I guess it "saves" me $4, but I don't get the logic.

    ReplyDelete