Pages

Monday, December 29, 2008

Freedom

This place will be a lot of fun when Avery's a bit older.  I can envision her running around the community and investigating things.  She'll have some freedom that isn't as accessible in Portland.  

This morning we ordered blinds for the house.  There aren't too many people down here right now, so the fact that we have no blinds and there are houses all around us isn't too much of a problem.  It will be nice to have them next time we're here, though. 

Tomorrow we have the closet guy coming by.  We need to have some shelving put in our pantry, as well as some additional organization put in the closet upstairs.  I'm also hoping he can build and put up some simple shelves in one of the nooks in the living room.  This would serve as a place to put keys, sunglasses, hats, etc.  

The weather is great today.  I'm finding one of my favorite activities is to sit up on the roof terrace and watch the birds.  They are large, soaring birds.  I would assume hawks or eagles.  I'm not sure, but they glide and are just beautiful against the clear and bright blue sky.  

We've seen a number of large and small dogs in the community - and even one cat lounging on the walls of someone's roof terrace.  There are stray dogs and cats around, but you don't see them in the community itself, though they are sometimes in the construction areas.  One couple has two yellow Labs, another woman was running with her two Irish setters on the beach this morning.  I hope we are able to make the drive down with the dogs at some point.  Turtle and Eddie would just love to explore this place.  Originally we thought we'd be driving down with them often, but I'm not sure when we'll be up to making that drive with Avery.  She does well driving, but that is a long trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment