Pages

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Bored

I'm bored.  Yes, I said it.  I'm bored.  I'm thinking of posting a status-off competition on Facebook.  It would be a grueling 24-hour competition to see who can post the funniest/most clever status updates.  The only problem is that I can only think of one funny status update and it would be a lie for the sake of being funny.  Dang it!

Avery took a 3-hour nap this afternoon with Daddy.  Well, they were in the same room, but Avery slept in her crib.  It was rather cute when I'd go up to check on them and they were both snoozing away.  I also took a nap during that period, but I did so on the couch, which is surprisingly comfortable. 

We wandered over to the Inn today to have lunch. On the walk back, I let Avery crawl on the sidewalks at the hotel.  I realized, when talking with Christie a couple of weeks ago, that I don't ever let Avery explore things outside.  It's not a conscious thing or me being worried about dirt.  It just hadn't occurred to me that she might want to crawl around outside. Anyway, she loved it and quickly started crawling very fast away from me, thereby amusing the hotel staff.  We also put her in the sand to play for a bit.  She was very unsure of this and pretty much immediately started doing the "change" sign*.  


Here's an amazing story efforts of one employee of the Portland Water Bureau to aid a family with getting water back during the storm.  Quite impressive. 


I'm so not tired right now.  Might have been that nap this afternoon.  Oh, and no, I didn't get up to watch the sunrise.



* Somewhere along the line, Avery got the change sign mixed up with the all done sign, so now when she's done eating, or done being in the stroller, or done with any activity, she looks at us and doesn't her change sign.  I am not too concerned with her getting the sign right.  After all, it's more about whether she can communicate, and we can understand, her needs.  At least this is what I'm telling myself since we've obviously confused our little girl.

2 comments:

  1. As long as you understand what the sign means, it's working just fine! The point is to communicate, right?

    You'll be happy to know it's rainy here. The snow is nearly gone and the world has become a soggy mess. Does that help with the boredom? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to what Lori said--who cares if the sign is right if you understand it? But it actually sorta fits, too. She's telling you it's time to change the activity!

    ReplyDelete