Success! Avery is napping in her crib. She just must need time to adjust to new locations.
The wind isn't nearly as bad today as it was yesterday. In fact, it's not blowing at all right now. We'll have to go for a walk when Avery wakes up. Walks are our main source of activity around here. In Loreto, we noticed there are a lot more shops and the town in general is in better condition, so that is promising. It hit me the other day that with all the scams and economic disasters going on, we are so very fortunate to have an actual house. Clearly this community is not out of the woods yet in terms of whether it's going to be even remotely like it was sold to us, but I'm so grateful we have a house. You can see glimpses of how amazing this place will (hopefully) be when it's done, but right now it's a hodgepodge of completed construction, ongoing construction, and construction at a stand still. Nonetheless, I just love being down here. I can't place my finger on why exactly. It's not the kind of place that I would have thought I'd love.
Poor D isn't feeling too well. We suspect the problem stems from the ice cubes in his margarita last night. Avery and I are doing just fine, so I don't think it's the bottled water we've been drinking, nor is it the milk. We arrived to a message that higher than acceptable levels of bacteria have recently been found in the water supply, so we're to used boiled water for washing fruits & veggies, cooking, etc. Bottled water is used for drinking and brushing our teeth.
No comments:
Post a Comment