We're sitting in the living room of our little casa as I type this. Avery is upstairs in our bedroom fast asleep in her crib. She has gone down to sleep without protest for the last two nights, thank goodness. Napping is another issue in that she is clearly tired, but doesn't get that she should nap when the room is completely bright. We've continued to use the stroller walks to get her to sleep and then just let her sleep in the stroller in our courtyard.
The wind was vicious today. It was chilly at moments, but warmer than I expected it would be with winds that high. Tomorrow is supposed to be the same, then it will heat up for several days. Comparing the sea on windy days to the sea on still days is fascinating. It's normally so very still, but with the wind, the waves were fairly big, though nothing compared to the ocean or a storm.
We took a walk along the beach in the wind. Despite the wind, we both enjoyed it and Avery must have too since she fell asleep and had a good long nap after we got back home. I encountered a dead puffer fish on the beach and had to take a picture. I wanted to take a picture of the dead pelican we found the day before, but I didn't. I also took some pictures of what appears to be a shell off a snake of some sort. Not sure, but I found it interesting enough to take pictures.
That last picture is of the Christmas tree in the lobby of the Inn at Loreto Bay. I thought it was rather clever.
For dinner, we drove into Loreto. We ate at a restaurant we visited with a friend last time we were down here. The chef comes out and takes your order. The menu is in both English and Spanish, the waiters are nice and all speak English, and it's just a very nice atmosphere. We really need to learn Spanish! I feel rather rude because I can only mutter very basic phrases.
One thing I have zero worry about is the security of Avery's car seat. That thing is wedged in there so tightly. It's not going anywhere if we were to get into an accident. This makes me feel so much better about driving around down here. It's not exactly crazy driving, but I just get a bit nervous in other countries. I was a wreck in England when we'd drive or be driven.
Last night, btw, I did mop our floor only to discover it was one of the cleanest floors I've ever cleaned (at least based on the color of the water after the whole floor had been mopped). So, on the plus side, it's clean. On the down side, it still looks dirty in some spots. I guess that could be considered a good thing since I won't feel pressure to clean more often?
Tomorrow, we have high hopes to get up and watch the sunrise. I've been told many, many times that this is the most beautiful time in Loreto Bay, but have never gotten up early enough to see it. I know I will never *want* to get up early, so I just need to force myself to do it. I will do it at some point. If not tomorrow, maybe Monday.
Great pictures! It looks very beautiful there. I hope you are enjoying the weather. It's rather, um, crappy back here. :)
ReplyDelete