- They confiscated the baby nail clippers I had in my carry-on at the Loreto airport. I never get any sort of nail clippers taken in the States. Bummer.
- Avery did well on the flights, but was fussier than usual on the flight from Loreto to LA because she was utterly exhausted and just wouldn't go to sleep. She went immediately to sleep on the LA to Portland flight.
- LAX is fast becoming my least favorite airport. We waited forever to get our gate checked items at customs. Then there was a huge line to recheck bags after we cleared customs.
- We arrived to snow in Portland. This caused delays in getting the bags out to us, but we eventually got both checked bags.
- The line for a taxi was very long at 12:45 in the morning.
- We got to the top of our development about 1:30 AM. The cab couldn't make it down the hill, so in the middle of it snowing and blowing, we got out and walked down to our house. My shoes (which are summer shoes) had no grip so I was sliding all over the place. It was freezing cold and I had no gloves or hat, though I did have a headband. My feet were soaking by the time we got home. Anyway, we did make it home and all is now well.
Monday, January 05, 2009
Back
Ah, home sweet home away from casa dulce casa. I'll just bullet point the highlights of our trip back:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
LAX is my least favorite airport by a mile! If you ever get to the alaska gates (not sure which terminal letter) you have a choice of Burger King and Starbucks, and every table and seat is filthy. Huge thumbs down. Glad you made it back though! Matt O.
ReplyDeleteStraight off the plane from Mexico into the driven snow. I have a picture in my mind; it's very clear.
ReplyDeleteYikes!
When we returned back from Hawaii about 5 Novembers ago, we went from 85 degrees to snow flurries. We didn't even have coats or real shoes with us. Talk about a buzz kill! Hope you have nice warm memories to get you through the next few months!
ReplyDelete