How very frustrated I am. I bought the new keyboard - which I'm entirely positive will make me more witty and articulate - but I'm having very weird problems with my computer. On my Firefox browser, I keep getting "Content Encoding Error." It's also not rendering a lot of pictures correctly and my Gmail chat is disabled for some reason. I figured it was just something with Firefox, but Safari is having similar issues, at least with the pictures. Maybe it's something to do with our Internet connection? I really have no idea. And now as I check Facebook, there is a wheelchair icon next to several people's status updates. WTF? The funny thing is that about 50% of the time when I try to Google this situation, I get the error instead of a search results page.
The only thing I can think of is that when the Diet Coke spilled on the keyboard, some keys got stuck (I know some did, but not sure which ones) and this ending up being a sequence to change some settings on my computer. You know like when you hit shift five times and get that warning about some handicapped settings being turned on (at least that what I remember from my Windows using days).
I'm also exhausted. D hasn't been able to make it home before Avery's bedtime for the past two days and now he's in Seattle for the rest of the week. So it will be just me and Avery all week. Wouldn't you know she chose tonight to have a hard time getting to sleep. It's so rare these days that I was kind of thrown for a loop. All my usual tricks didn't work. She finally drifted off about 10 minutes ago. Thank goodness because I do not have the energy to entertain her for another hour or two.
On the bright side, I really like the new keyboard. It's nice and thin and makes me feel all fancy when I type on it. It's also a lot quieter. D has informed me that I'm an extremely loud typist, so I apparently need all the help I can get in that department.
Avery has now switched to whole milk. That transition was, thankfully, a piece of cake. She didn't even seem to notice the difference between formula and whole milk. After trying it in the regular bottle which went just fine, I tried giving her the milk in the Thermos bottle with the straw that she'll use for water, but she threw up almost immediately. I think she's not used to having that volume of milk all at once. Thinking about it more logically, this does make sense because it is probably quite rich for her. She'll sort of drink milk out of another straw bottle that doesn't allow the liquid to come out as fast, so hopefully we'll just graduate up to her drinking in some container other than a bottle. Fun stuff.
Finally, Avery said Eddie's name today while pointing at him. She very clearly said both syllables. She's been saying a form of Eddie for quite a while, but this was very, very clear and obvious. Pretty darn cool. Now if she would only say anything even remotely sounding like mommy!
No comments:
Post a Comment