Today was the session for the study in which we're participating. It was basically two parts. First, we were videotaped while playing with Avery for 15 minutes. Next, we filled out questionairres about Avery, our parenting style, our relationship, and our household (who does what, are we happy with that, etc). D and I asked if we could read each other's answers, she said yes, so we did. Overall, the big surprise was how closely we answered a lot of the questions I thought we'd be miles apart on.
I have to share a story from the play session. The interviewer brought toys for us to use. There were a couple of little cars and trucks only slightly larger than matchbox cars. Avery loved these. At one point, she put the car down in front of her, then crawled over it and tried to sit on it like she does her wheely bug. Hilarious! She thought she could sit on this teeney tiny car and it would go. D promptly got her the wheely bug (we were allowed to play with her toys if she wanted) and she mounted it and they did a few spins around the room.
Tonight is the G's date night, so we're watching Elise. I decided to try putting the babies down in Avery's room, with Elise in the PNP and Avery in her crib. My plan was thwarted by Avery being very annoyed and crying when she was put in her crib. Turns out, she had a poopy diaper and needed to be changed. I only mention because with Avery screaming, Elise just layed there on her back not making a peep. She didn't whine, she didn't cry, she was just fine. Finally we moved Elise to her regular room so she could have some peace. Of course, after the diaper change, Avery went right down.
Back to Word Twist.
No comments:
Post a Comment