Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Early Again

I'm up before Avery again! My day went more smoothly yesterday. I decided that part of it was having some alone time before Avery wakes and part of it was forcing myself to shower and get ready long before we have to head out of the house. For reasons unknown to me, I put off showering as long as I possibly can. This often causes me to run around trying to get out of the house because it also effects affects everything else. (Vy, is that right effect/affect? I have trouble with that one.)

… … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … …

Despite the fact that I'm able to drag myself out of bed earlier than absolutely necessary, my sleep problems, which for a period of time had gotten considerably better, have returned with a vengeance. I'm waking up a good 7-9 times per night. D was most annoyed with me last night. I feel badly because my wakings tend to wake him up, too. On the bright side, I feel zero guilt taking naps when I have these types of nights.

… … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … …

I have managed a dog walk with Turtle for the past three days in a row. That's a good start to getting me back on the daily dog walking wagon.

… … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … …

Finally, I was oddly upset by the death of Natasha Richardson. I think because it was so sudden and caused from a fall duing a beginner's ski lesson. My aunt emailed me (hi, Carol!) reiterating the importance of getting checked out by a doctor when you hit your head or are in a car accident. Since it turned out there was nothing wrong with Avery when we bumped her head in Wyoming last September, I've often thought of that as an unnecessary trip to the ER. However, after Richardson's death, I feel we did the right thing.

6 comments:

  1. pretty sure it's effect, but I'm no Vy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and i typed it wrong. pretty sure it's Affect, not Effect. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @rhg- funny. i typed "affect" first and then changed it to "effect" when I decided to use the word rather than rephrasing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not to minimize it, but all I could think was "Now I will never learn to ski"...

    ReplyDelete
  5. @KMK - LOL! Yeah, I forget it can be a dangerous activity. I'd probably have to take ski lessons again if I ever got on skis again. I think I'd still be OK with snowboarding, but it's been a long time since I've skied.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, I'm just now reading this. RHG is correct; it's "affects."

    ReplyDelete