It's Day Three of my "wake before Avery" grand experiment. I got up two minutes later than yesterday, which was seven minutes later than the day before. However, that's still pretty good because I am not setting an alarm clock. I just get up when one of my many wakings starts with a six.
… … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … …
Yesterday morning D and I were in Avery's room with her. We asked if she wanted to walk to the bathroom to brush her teeth. She excitedly got up and grabbed D's hand. Her other hand reached into the air. D thought she wanted him to grab her other hand, but she shook his off when he offered it. Then she extended it towards me. She wanted us all to walk to the bathroom. That was a great moment.
… … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … …
So the bulk of the day has passed. I'm now counting the minutes until D is done with work. It's been a tougher than usual day. The no milk bottle thing is killing me. It's not so much that Avery cries for it, but she is distinctly more fussy without having regular intervals of yummy milk. Of course, it's not that she can't have milk, it's that she won't drink more than a sip or two from the new milk container. Ah well. I think she'll be better tomorrow.
… … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … …
I spent the morning over at RHG's house entertaining Elise and Avery while RHG finished up with packing for their trip to So Cal. After dropping them at the airport, I return home with a sleepy toddler and Conan. I thought I'd get in a nice nap, but Avery barely napped at all (probably due to displeasure at not getting a bottle of milk before nap time). Sigh. Woe is me, I know.
First off, kudos to you for being able to get out of bed before Avery. I often think about doing that... but just for a second before reality sinks in. I have a hard enough time getting up when the kids get up. Sleep is too precious.
ReplyDelete