It is my morning with Avery. I intended to get up before her. I have officially realized that my day goes much better when I get up before her and have some alone time to start my day. However, plans changed when Avery woke up at 6 AM. I can't remember the last time she hasn't slept past 7. I think it probably has something to do with her reduced intake of milk during the day.
Speaking of reduced milk intake, she is definitely now eating more solids. She's still refusing to drink milk out of its new container. We'll see how long she holds out.
Sundays are going to be my morning from now on. We have realized there's no reason to divide up mornings during the week anymore given Avery typically sleeps later than either of us, so we decided D will have Saturday mornings and I'll take Sundays.
… … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … …
Yesterday we went to Nordstrom's to get Avery's shoe size. She is a size 5. I opted not to buy shoes there since the ones I liked were $70! I'm sure I can find the same ones for cheaper online. And if I am going to pay $70, then I would rather do so at a non-chain, locally owned place.
… … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … …
I've been on an organizing / decluttering bend for a while now. I'm trying to focus on doing a bit at a time and then ensuring the space is cleaned up after me. D is probably laughing right now since my success at that is sporadic at best, but I am trying.
Actually, lately I've been considering a new career as a professional organizer. Yes, there really is such a thing. I haven't done much other than ponder it.
… … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … …
D is going to take Avery with him to the gym soon. When he leaves, I will commence cleaning! I'm actually quite looking forward to it. It'll be nice to get some stuff done without stopping to feed Avery, or change Avery, or play with Avery, etc. Of course, I still have three dogs to deal with and they can sometimes be more work than Avery.
I've totally been on a decluttering kick lately as well. I'm completely interior-design-challenged so I sporadically buy knicknacks to try to make the place look more "homey." But then I get them home and don't know what to do with them. Now that Ian is into everything, any little accessory that I don't have an emotional attachment to is going to Goodwill. Kids are great de-cluttering reminders!
ReplyDelete