No Flu Shot!
After errand running early this afternoon, I took Avery by the doctor's office to get her second H1N1 shot. I didn't tell her we were going, but when she saw the building she immediately said, "No owie!" Once inside, she heard the words flu shot and remembered those were what caused the owies and then proceeded to repeat "no flu shot! no flu shot!" over and over. Fortunately, the waterworks didn't turn on until right before the flu shot when she realized that it was going to be a reality.
Errands
Our trip to Target was mainly to buy Avery some big girl underwear! Our potty-training progress in Hawaii was non-existent, but she did use the potty we brought several times each day. I think she's ready to give this a go. I also think that pull-ups don't work well with her at all. If she's not wearing a diaper, we have a very good track record of telling me she needs to go, then going into the bathroom and taking care of business pretty much by herself (note: she's usually not clothed at this point since taking off her clothes is her obsession at the moment). However, if she has a diaper or pull-up, then she typically just reverts to going in the diaper. This morning was an exception to that when she asked to take off her diaper specifically to use the potty.
Another errand was checking my tire pressure and inflating my tires to the proper PSI. I only note this because it's the first time I've ever done this myself. I was quite pleased with myself, though I did make it unnecessarily difficult. It's not that I doubted I could do it, but more that I knew if I did it once, then I'd feel comfortable doing it from now on. I consider my effort successful since my low tire pressure indicator has gone off.
Brrrrrr
While we could manage a walk in the cold - we managed yesterday - I have decided that I will skip it today and will spend the rest of the afternoon taking care of things that need to get done in the house. This does not include blogging, so sign off I will.
Classified
No comments:
Post a Comment