Pages

Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Yummy

Yummy Group
Tonight is Yummy Group.  Lame name, awesome people.  I am so very much looking forward to seeing everyone and to getting some non-Avery time in.  Hopefully Avery manages to go to sleep on-time and then to stay asleep.  I'm not overly hopeful about the latter since she's been waking 2-3 times before finally falling asleep for the night.  Last night she woke at 8 pm and 10 pm (ish) and each was very easy to deal with requiring less than 2-3 minutes of my time, so I guess that is good.
Wean
I've fallen into the downward slide of allowing Avery to watch too much TV (movies).  To attempt to wean ourselves off this habit, drastic measures are needed.  So I moved her kitchen from her playroom to the living room.  So far (it's been five whole minutes) it's working wonderfully.  Maybe what I'll do is rotate toys from the playroom if this continues to work.  I had this toy rotation idea long ago, but never followed through.  I don't like having toys on the main floor unless they're large and easy to move out of the way, so I'll just have to get used to having little toys laying around if it means less TV.
Potty Training Update
(Mostly so I have a record of what this was like when I forget all about it in the future). 
When unclothed, Avery now takes herself into the bathroom, goes, then tells me about it afterwards.  When clothed (in underwear or diapers) we have FAR less success.  She doesn't seem to grasp that underwear is not like diapers and she can't just go.  It's not a matter of her not getting the potty in time or in her not being able to get off her clothes.  For now, I'm just letting her run around without clothes.  Yes, the house is warm and no, I'm not the one electing no clothes - that's her choice.
Cold
Today's theme for FB status updates and blog posts across the country seems to be the cold weather!  Even my mom is blogging about the cold! I hope it doesn't deter our dog walk again today.  Truthfully, it was probably less about the cold than about laziness yesterday.  The portion of the walk uphill has gotten to be so difficult with Avery on my back.  It was so much easier when she was five pounds lighter.  Oh, that might have also been when I was quite a bit lighter too!

1 comment:

  1. You have TOTALLY been holding out on us - YOUR MOM BLOGS! I'm so following her.

    Whoa. Is it cold outside or what?

    Also, Henry doesn't get the difference between underwear and diapers, either, that must come with time and experience.

    ReplyDelete