Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

Bizzaro

Guest Blogger
Hello.  Megan asked me to step in and guest blog for her while she's away for the day.  I'm Bizzaro Megan (henceforth known as BM).  When I asked Megan what I should blog about, she instructed me to just talk about my day and update her readership on the general goings on with Avery and the casa. 
Zumba
I started off the day by waking to the alarm and heading off to Zumba class.  Megan does not like gym classes of any kind, and rather avoids events that are not in English.  I (BM), on the other hand, am able to slip right into a Zumba class with ease.  We headed into a part of Loreto I've not yet seen, walked into a building with things that I suppose could be considered walls, and proceeded to dance our way to fitness.  I thought the crowing roosters audible through the 5 foot gap running along the top of the ceiling were a nice touch to round out the true Mexican Zumba experience.  I was just as uncoordinated trying to follow any instructions yelled in Spanish as I am in English.  At least I went in place of Megan because Megan might have found the whole thing a bit mortifying.  I, however, agreed to go back on Wednesday morning.
Cooking
Upon arriving home, I decided to get started prepping dinner.  Megan does not cook in Mexico, so I decided to help out.  I put together the filling for tonight's lasagna, then decided it was time to do something with the salmon D bought.  First, I cooked the salmon.  Then I decided there must be some sort of sauce I could make that would go with with the salmon and some pasta.  Not having too many options, I figured a nice yogurt sauce would do.  Megan would have likely just let the salmon go to waste because she didn't have a planned-out-recipe beforehand.  As BM, I cannot let this happen, so I whipped up a lovely citrus yogurt sauce with some help from an Epicurious recipe, mixed it with some elbow pasta, added the salmon, and had a lovely early lunch.
Beach
Next, I decided that Megan has not been creative enough in keeping Avery occupied at the beach.  So I brought an empty egg carton to the beach when Avery and I went for a walk.  It not only encouraged Avery to get to the beach faster because she wanted to fill up the carton with sea shells and stones, but it also made a little game of collecting the sea shells.
Thank you
Megan will be back tomorrow, likely blogging about napping and not cooking and not doing anything adventurous like Zumba class with crowing roosters.
                                             -- Bizzaro Megan

4 comments:

  1. I think Bizzaro Megan is related to me--or maybe to Jerry Seinfeld.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME! You will be hard pressed to top this as blog post of the year.

    I still want a zumba picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do know that BM also stands for ... oh, never mind.

    ReplyDelete