Avery and I took a nice long walk this morning. I think I should actually call it a nice long prod. It turned out to be too far by toddler standards, but we made it home in one piece. I had to carry her piggy-back style for the end of the walk, and had to prod her along for much of it, but we made it. We didn't bring the stroller down and I forgot to bring the Beco. One of those is essential to being able to walk around for any length of time down here.Read
I'm about to head up to the roof deck to read in the sun. Lovely. It's also my first outdoor reading with my Kindle. That seems like a milestone of some sort.HOA
One of our neighbors to whom we're closet down here (the ones who let us use their car) is the head of the HOA committees down here. He is spending, I kid you not, 20 hours per week trying to clean up this mess. I cannot imagine spending that kind of time, dealing with aggravation I can't even begin to explain, and not getting paid for it. And he's really good at getting stuff moving and done. Thank goodness for people like him.No Toddler School (for the moment)
I was pretty much all set to sign Avery up for toddler school, but it started to feel like we were jumping in a little too fast. I want to tour The International School since, if they have an opening, I would like Avery to be in an immersion environment. I would very much like her to speak another language. After all, someone in our family has got to be able to translate for us down here! Kidding. But I would like her to learn another language. We'll see. As much as I was looking forward to getting back and having time galore on my hands since she'd be in "school," I'd rather make an informed decision after touring a few more places. Of course, finding a place with open slots is always tough.Mexico in May
I am going to book a replacement-trip down here in May with Mom and Avery. Since we never made it down last September due to the hurricane, we need to get Mom and I down to use those plane fares. May is pretty ideal for us for a number of reasons.
No comments:
Post a Comment