Much Better
This morning's routine went much better. I think it was mostly because Avery slept much better last night. She woke up several times. I got up once to tuck her back into bed after she wandered into my room, but the other times I simply asked her to go back to bed and she did. She came into my room about 6 AM, so I let her sleep with me from that point until the final wake up at 7:15. A final wake up past 7 AM suits both of us much better than an earlier wake time.
I was even able to convince her to put her hair up without too much of a hassle. I had to trick her by saying that Mr. Turtle (a toy - really a trinket - we brought back from Mexico) said he'd like to see her in a big girl ponytail, but that worked, so I'll take it.
Lifebook
Clearly I've been avoiding doing Avery's lifebook. I'm not sure why, except that when I work on it, I get a tension headache. This morning I decided to make myself work on it for 45 minutes. That deadline passed and I worked on it for another 1.5 hours or so. I only got five or six pages partially done. They're very plain and simple, though I still need to add pictures. I have to force myself to remember that the point of this book is not what it looks like, but rather content.
Second week off = Success
I consider these past two days off a success for me. I got in some good napping yesterday and walked the dogs. Today, I worked on the aforementioned lifebook project, cleaned, and walked the dogs.
Awesome
Conan O'Brien apparently hadn't been following anyone on Twitter. So he decided to follow some random woman. Her life is now, well, much different than it was. That Conan is going to convert me to actually check Twitter once in a while.
Thursday
Avery and I don't have plans for anything tomorrow. Is anyone up for anything?
I wish we were free tomorrow, but it's my day at Josie's school. And believe it or not, I think she might be getting sick again. I didn't really just type that, did I???
ReplyDelete