Damian
D is at LAX now waiting for his connection. I've decided I'll leave Avery with Mom when I go to pick him up at the airport. We haven't told Avery he's coming so it'll be a fun surprise for her. I must say that I'm really looking forward to his arrival too.
Avery
She just came over to me to ask for "music on the iPod." I said, "OK," and started to navigate to the song on my iPhone, but then she said, "No, for everyone!" and motioned to the two workers in our courtyard who are tending to the plants. She wanted to share her music with them, which was so sweet of her. Of course, I'm not sure how thrilled they are to have to listen to Michael Jackson while they work, so we turned it down low.
Asian-American History
I read various blogs about adoption, which often cover things about transracial and/or international adoption. One of them posted a link to this post on ten things about Asian-American history. I knew some, but most I did not. I was especially shocked at #10, where the perpetrators who killed an Asian-American man in 1982 received NO jail time and a measly $3,000 fine. What? In 1982!?
Medication
I can't really feel that much of a difference with the medication yet. Truly, I didn't expect to, but I always hope it'll be a fast cure. I'm still clenching my jaw something fierce. By the end of the day, my mouth feels all out of whack like I can't close properly. Thankfully, I've had few side effects. It has decreased my appetite a bit, but that is a good thing. The true test is when I get back to Portland since I knew I would have few anxiety issues while we are down here.
Books
I got half way through a book that Mom brought - it was her book club's selection - called Little Bee. I hated it. I got so fed up with it, that I decided to create a shelf on Good Reads called "abandoned" and stick it there. I still wanted to rate it one star, so it also goes under "read" but I'll just have to let that misrepresentation go. Anyway, I recommend you skip that book.
I'm now reading Half Broke Horses, by the same author as The Glass Castle that I liked so much. It's good, but not as good.
No comments:
Post a Comment