Books
I finished The Glass Castle. I really enjoyed it. I'm not sure what book is next, but I've downloaded a few samples to my Kindle, including a book by the same author as The Glass Castle. Mom also brought down a couple of real books that she's finished, so I might try one of those (though the thought of a real book is rather icky to me ... why read a real book when I can read so efficiently on the Kindle?)
Today
It was a lazy day again. We hit the pool in the morning, had lunch, Avery took a long nap, then Mom and Avery went to the beach to make sandcastles. I read all day, including during our trip to the pool.
Avery
A story I keep forgetting to blog: when we were out on the boat, the boat man stopped in a shallow area for us to look over at the fish swimming below. When we started going to another spot nearby, he went rather slowly. At that point, Avery started to sing, "row row row your boat ..." I didn't teach her that song, so she must have learned it in school.
The other cute thing to share is due to me forgetting, once again, to bring a doll of some sort for her to play with (clearly Avery isn't overly into dolls or stuffed animals (yet?) otherwise I wouldn't forget such a thing). Anyway, last time we were down, she used a can of black beans as her baby. This time, she's using the "spider," which is a three-legged bendable mini-tripod you can use for your camera or video camera. She carries it around in her ducky towel and pretends it's a baby. Then she takes it into the courtyard and pretends to put it to sleep, puts the towel over it, tells it she loves it, comes inside and tell us we have to be quiet because the baby is sleeping. See, I wouldn't have stories like this if I remember a real baby doll.
No comments:
Post a Comment