Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Departure

Christie & Henry Leave
We dropped Christie and Henry at the airport this afternoon after a lazy morning in the casa.  Before their flight, we hit a nice restaurant for lunch in town after finding the place I intended to take them is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.

Avery has asked several times where Henry and Christie are.  Upon getting home from an afternoon walk with Nain, she said, "Christie's still sleeping?" (an odd statement since Christie, to my knowledge, didn't nap much/at all?)  I explained that Christie and Henry have gone home to Oregon, but I'm not sure that has fully sunk in yet.  
Books
I finished the book I started yesterday, The Girl Who Fell From the Sky.  It was intensely readable, but I'm finding the more I think about it, the less solid the story feels.  I find that, oftentimes, I feel differently about a book or a movie after I've thought about it for a while after reading/seeing it.  Regardless, I enjoyed reading it. 

I downloaded a sample of The Glass Castle, so that could well be next on my list.
D is coming!
D decided to come down for a visit.  He arrives on Friday, but doesn't leave until Thursday since the flight out on Tuesday (no flight on Wednesday) is booked.  That means he'll have two days down here without us.  It'll be a nice break for him despite the fact that he'll work those days.

We actually chose to schedule the trip over Memorial Day weekend just in case he decided to come down.  I'm so happy he's coming.  We're not telling Avery that he's coming so it'll be a surprise.  She's now asking for him often.  This morning I freaked out when there was a tiny caterpillar-like bug in the casa. Mom threw it out at my urging, then Avery got very upset because she wanted to see the bug (more than she already had).  Anyway, as she was crying, she was asking for her daddy.  I emailed D and he called a bit later so they could chat. If I could get the stupid microphone on the laptop working, that would be so much better, but I'm thankful Avery can see D via Google Chat.

No comments:

Post a Comment