Reading Streak
In hopes that I'll continue with my reading streak, I added the Good Reads widget to the side bar of this blog. It's below the blog list. Reading a good book is effortless for me in that I will typically choose reading a good book over doing most other things. What snags me is that if I hit a book I'm less than thrilled with, I have trouble moving on to a new book and don't want to finish the book I don't like, so I decide I've read all possible good books out there and stop reading. Ridiculous. Anyway, I'm hopeful this latest streak will be aided by the recommendations in Amazon, Kindle, Good Reads, and other sources that compare my tastes to others.
Vy and RHG will undoubtedly be less than shocked that the friend on Good Reads with whom I have most similar tastes thus far (excluding, Lauren, with whom I have only one book in common) is none other than Vy. The next friend with most similar taste is Heather, from whose blog I just read a recommendation for The Girl Who Fell From the Sky. I downloaded and read the sample of it on my Kindle, then quickly purchased it for my next read.
I just finished The Long Walk today. I didn't find the first chapter as difficult to read as Mom did. I have to have an emotional attachment to a character in order to find it difficult to read whatever horrible fate is befalling the character, so the descriptions of torture in The Long Walk were easier to read than the abuse suffered by some of the characters in A Thousand Splendid Suns.
Daddy
Avery is now starting to ask for D at various points in the day. We just chatted via Google Chat, though we can't get the volume to work so we still incur the cost of a phone call, but at least she can see him and it makes more sense to her. On this phone call, she told daddy about the boat trip, the sea lions, the whales (corrected to be dolphins), sunblock and how we wear it to not get burned, and about the meat we ate for lunch. And she told him she loved him several times and that she missed him. So very sweet.
No comments:
Post a Comment