Mexico
We made it. It's now 10 pm here and I'm pretty much wide awake, despite being exhausted for much of the day. Damn second wind. At least Avery is fast asleep without issue. Here's hoping she sleeps through the night.
The flights went well. Avery and Henry were excellent travelers on both flights. Our arrival at PDX didn't bode well since Avery - for the first time ever, I think - cried at the airport and was quite obstinate as we were making our way to the gate. However, once we got on the plane, it was smooth sailing from there.
Once we got the casa and got the AC running and put on some new clothes, Christie and I left Henry and Avery with Mom while we ran into town to get groceries. This was the task that has been stressing me out for weeks. It shouldn't have. I knew that, but I couldn't stop thinking about it. Summary: grocery shopping was easy. This blog is full of insights, isn't it?
I was anxious as to how Mom and Christie would like the casa and the area, after all, it's a long way to travel is this isn't your cup of tea. We haven't had much time to explore yet, but so far so good I think.
Plans
We have few plans, other than to hit the pool and the beach daily. I'm having a chef who does home cooking (he also has a restaurant, I think) come over tomorrow morning* to discuss two meals I'm going to have him make for us during our stay. I forgot to tell Christie this, so if she finds out via this post ... surprise! I hope that's cool with you!
The power is scheduled to be out in the area on Thursday, which means the casa will be very hot with no AC, so we'll use that day to all head into town and do some exploring. This will also be very hot, but better to be hot and doing things than sitting around waiting for AC to kick back on.
I think we'll also try to hit Vista del Mar for lunch. It's a restaurant on the beach about ten minutes drive south of here.
*In classic Mexican style, I don't know if he'll be here at 8 AM or 11 Am or somewhere in between. We'll have to work out what to do if he hasn't shown up in time for us to hit the pool for a bit in the morning.
Books
I'm about 40% through A Thousand Splendid Suns, by the same author as The Kite Runner. It's good, but I liked The Help better.
No comments:
Post a Comment