Beach, swimming, nap, beach with long walk, bed
That subject pretty much sums up the day. This morning, Mom took Avery down to the beach to look for sea shells while I read my book.
When Christie and Henry joined us, we ventured over to the pool for about 2 hours. Avery and Henry had a great time, though it did take Henry a while to warm up to the idea of the pool. By the end of the visit he was getting a bit bolder and then didn't want to leave, so I think our next pool visit will be a lot of fun.
When we got home, Christie made us quesadillas - awesome.
Avery and I napped for much of the afternoon, as did Henry. Christie, meanwhile, baked cookies - awesome.
Christie also cooked dinner - awesome (are you seeing a theme here? I will get my act together and start cooking, too!)
After dinner, we headed down to the beach for a walk. When I suggested it, I'd intended that we just go down to the beach for a bit to look for sea shells. Then we ended up near the hotel, so I figured let's just head for the bridge over the golf course. Once there, we might as well head up to look over the cliff. By then, we might as well just do the whole loop. So it turned into quite a walk out. Both kids built up an appetite and finished their dinners when we got home. I don't know how well Henry went down tonight, but it still took Avery an hour or so to unwind and settle down for bed. However, knock on wood, even when she's not asleep, she rarely cries before bed or a nap now. She mostly just sings or plays with her bibs until eventually drifting off to sleep. Sometimes she'll say she has a booger or needs to go potty, but mostly she just entertains herself until she's suitably tired. That's a nice trend.
Power
Tomorrow the power is out for an expected eight hours. Ouch. It dawned on me late today this means the refrigerator will be off. I think I'll move all the stuff into the freezer before the power goes out and hope for the best.
That's my kind of day! How hot was it during that long walk?
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure what the temperature was. We were all comfortably in shorts/capris and short sleeved shirts and it was perfect weather. Since it was the evening, it was probably about 75 or 80? Something like that.
ReplyDelete