School
Today is Avery's first day back at school after our 3 week break. She was so happy to be back. I was a bit worried that she'd have trouble going into the new teacher's room (we switched teachers so she could be in the same class as her friend Lily, and secondarily because it's cheaper). I explained that because she's getting bigger, she's going into a new classroom with Teacher Mary. She thought about it a while, then repeated it several times on the way to school that she was getting bigger so she goes into Teacher Mary's room. I was very thankful that she was so happy to be there and didn't have any transition issues. She also didn't freak out when I told her Nain was going home today. I feared she'd want to go to the airport with us since the airport is her absolute favorite place to go.
Saturday Market & Fair
Mom and I went to the Saturday Market on Saturday (that's not obvious since the Saturday Market is also open on Sundays). I bought a few gifts, as well a piece of framed art for myself. I love it. It's sitting on my desk and makes me happy each time I glance at it.
While Mom and I were shopping, D took Avery on some rides at the fair nearby. She was technically too short to go on the rides, but D was able to sneak her onto some of the rides. Mom and I caught a glimpse of Avery riding around a little track of water in a tiny boat. It was the cutest thing. She looked so grown up sitting there all by herself.
Heathens' Brunch
Yesterday was the Heathens' Brunch and it was quite tasty. Christie took pictures as usual, so I'll send you over there took take a look.
Movies and Books
D and I got to go on an extra date night this week since Mom is here! She stayed with Avery last night while we went to see Get Him to The Greek. There were some definite laugh-out-loud parts to it, but it was also a bit uneven and strange at times. On Friday night, after dinner at the G's, Mom, D, and I went to see Exit Through the Gift Shop. It was a very interesting movie for anyone looking for something different.
I'm only 60% of the way through my latest book, Island Beneath the Sea. The book is good enough to finish, but it's at about 3 stars out of 5 for me right now, so I'm not reading very quickly. That I don't have as much free time as I did in Mexico is surely affecting things as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment