My reentry into normal life from vacation is going well so far. It helps that my mom is still here to help out with Avery, and that I had the house cleaned before I came home. I have been on/off exhausted, but happily these periods are mixed with chunks of energy. Past episodes of anxiety/depression have left me exhausted all the time, so having some periods of energy is a very nice change of pace.Potting Flowers
Yesterday, after an appointment with my therapist/PMHNP, Mom, Avery, and I went to the nursery to buy flowers for the pots on our back deck. After we got home, we napped for a while, then set about planting the pots. It turns out that we only have one little shovel, so Mom ended up doing all the work while I supervised. Yep, I'm sticking with that story. Each time I look out, the pots make me happy, so hopefully my brown thumb and I can keep them alive. I should have taken pictures of them yesterday because they look a little beaten down after all the rain last night, but hey, at least I took some pictures.
Zoo
This morning, we met Christie and Henry at the zoo to tour the new dinosaur exhibit. It was awesome! Avery and Henry both had a great time. Being there in the very slight rain was actually somewhat pleasant. It was very fine mist and not cold, so it was more a matter of just getting past the wetness. I have some pictures, but I need to do a post on Avery's blog, so I'll save the pictures for that.Dinner at the G's
Tonight we're having dinner at the G's. Then RHG also said we could leave Avery there while we caught a movie. Never one to turn down such an offer, I think odds are very good we'll do this if we can swing it given the movie times. Movie is still TBD.


I like the three wide bowls on the coffee table.
ReplyDelete