Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Quotes

Avery Quotes
Avery is starting to say some things that make me laugh out loud, but I rarely remember to blog about them.  I also have trouble remembering exact phrasing.  I'll work on that.  In the meantime, here are a few I do remember.

***

Me: "Avery, Friend Henry will be coming over later this morning to go scootering."
Avery: "Oh, I'd love that!" [said while jumping up and down]

***

While driving in the car the other day, I had the music on.  Avery had been asking me to adjust the volume in the minutes before, then said: "It's not too loud!  It's too perfect!"

***

Avery to me as we're snuggling on the chair and she was trying to get cozy: "I need to find a parking space."
Princess Aisle
At school they have many princess type dresses for the kids to use for dress up.  Avery loves them.  The other day, I told her we could go buy one for home.  So, for the first time, we went down the princess aisle (aka hell) at Target.  Ugh.  All the Pepto-Bismol pink, all the sparkly glittery crap, all the over the top girly stuff made me sick to my stomach.  Avery picked out a pink dress.  She also had the foresight to request "pretty shoes" to go with her "pretty dress." We went over to the shoe section where she proceeded to pick out a hideous pair of pink flip flops with fake jewels on it.  Ahhhhh! 
Medication Timing
As instructed by my therapist, I have starting taking my anti-depressant at night rather than in the morning.  Last time around, I always took it at night and didn't have so many adjustment problems.  This time, I took it in the morning since she specifically wrote the prescription to do it that way.  I feel so much better taking it at night.  I think the side effects (slightly sick feeling, fatigue, etc) hit me at night, then I'm better during the day.  Anyway, that is good news.

She also wants me to try light therapy.  I normally don't have a problem with the gray and the rain.  However, in late spring and early summer, I really struggle with it. Lately I've noticed a direct correlation to my mood.  I ordered a light which should arrive soon.

1 comment:

  1. I just heard on NPR about a book you might like- "Red Dust Road" but I couldn't find it for Kindle. It was the middle of the night and I was driving to a delivery when I heard the report but it still made me think of you!

    ReplyDelete