Michael Jackson
As we were driving home from our park playdate with Christie & Henry, a Michael Jackson song came on the radio. Avery said, "We *do* have Michael Jackson on there!" I explained that yes, it was a MJ song, but that it's on the radio and that meant that I couldn't control what song was being played at any given time by the radio station. She then said, "It's Michael Jackson just like on the iPhone." I again explained the difference between the iPhone and the radio. She's asked to listen to MJ when we're in the car before, so it'll be interesting to see how she reacts next time she asks for him knowing that MJ can be played on the radio, but perhaps not fully grasping that I cannot make it happen. Sidenote: it was an MJ song we rarely listen to and she still recognized him. Pretty cool.
Eye
I just noticed today that one of Avery's eyes (her left) is crossing inward at an angle out of sync with the other eye. It's not very often, but during lunch today it was very obvious a few times. I've made an appointment with an eye doctor to have it checked out. From what I've read online, given it's intermittent, it shouldn't be a big deal to fix it (fingers crossed that's true), but we should have her seen by a doctor quickly.
Me, all about me!
Yesterday's energy level sucked big time. Today's is quite good. I think I also need to be more aware of what I've eaten. My appetite has decreased dramatically. While I'm often hungry, when I see the actual food, it's sometimes an effort to get it down. All in all, not a bad thing, but I think that may be contributing to my lack of energy sometimes.
We have similar issues when songs come on the radio, usually when Josie asks that I play the song AGAIN and gets all flustered when I explain that I can't play it again. Nice to think they believe we control the universe though. :)
ReplyDelete(BTW, I've known lots of kids who had slight eye dis-alignment--for lack of a better term. It was always super easy to take care of, and sometimes didn't even warrant taking any action. I'll be sure to stay tuned for more details!)
And you gotta eat, woman! Speaking of which, are you coming tonight?
For me, whenever I've started new meds or increased the dose I lose my appetite for a few days to a few weeks. Unfortunately it always comes back ;)
ReplyDelete@KMK - Yes, I have had the same thing most of the time, but the last time not so much. My appetite came back last night when I devoured a huge portion of lasagna, which is both a :) and a :(.
ReplyDelete