Urban Prep
A great article on a school called Urban Prep in Chicago.
Bullets
- I had our carpets cleaned today while Avery is at school. The man just finished. He's very nice, but I get lectured each time about our vacuum (not strong enough), the fact that we need to have rugs in our living room (because of high traffic flow), as well as other things.
- Avery, after saying her tummy hurt, her hand hurt, and a few other things, came out of her room last night and announced that her hair hurt ... which is how we knew definitively that she was just trying to delay bedtime.
- Avery said to D on Saturday and Sunday: "What a great day!" She had a great time on the camping trip. D is going to do a post about it on Casa de Trio, so I'll leave the details for him to write about.
- I just signed up for Subscribe & Save on Amazon for Swiffer Max Cloths. This is the first time I've tried the program. I cannot find the Swiffer refills (for the large size Swiffer) in any store, so I was ordering them online. By signing up for a program to have x units delivered automatically (every 1, 2, 3,or 6 months), it gets me free shipping and 15% off. This is actually the cheapest price I've found anywhere for these particular cloths that I find so handy. We'll see if I've estimated the number we use correctly.
- I had loads of energy yesterday and was quite happy all day. The medication is finally kicking in!
You know, if you had rugs in your living room, you probably wouldn't need the Swiffer as much. ;)
ReplyDeleteSo glad you're feeling better--I'm looking forward to seeing you tomorrow (not just because you're feeling better... those are actually two unrelated statements)!
I read the article about the school(before reading your post) and choked up reading it--after I read your post I watched the video with tears running down my face. There need to be many more schools fashioned after Urban Prep all around our country for both boys and girls. It would cost the country less to fund these schools than it costs to maintain prisons and our country would gain so much more.
ReplyDelete