Blogger's Block?
I think I have blogger's block. I can think of a ton of things I want to blog about at any point other than when I'm sitting in front of the computer. Makes for difficult blogging.
Toilet
Avery is great about going potty on her own. She'll even pause the TV, go potty, empty the contents, flush, wash her hands (which I have to remind her to do more often than not), then return to watching TV without any assistance from me. I am hoping the next step in this independence will be her using the real toilet versus her floor potties.
On Saturday night, Elise and Nolan were over. Elise said she needed to go potty and headed into the bathroom. When one toddler needs to go, so does the other toddler, so Avery followed Elise in. I finally came over about two minutes after I'd heard the initial, "I have to go potty," declaration. There's Elise sitting on the floor potty. Avery, not being able to go at the same time, found the insert for the big potty, put it on, somehow got herself up onto the toilet and went on the toilet. Woohoo! She never objects if you put her on a big toilet - it's just that she's doing it on her own. I made a huge deal of it and then she did it again tonight all on her own. It was awesome.
Dad Visit
My dad was visiting for the past several days. He left this morning. It was a nice visit without a lot of rushing around visiting various places. Avery loved having him read bed time books to her. She was also very concerned when Pop Pop didn't join us for D's company picnic on Saturday afternoon. She insisted on coming to drop Dad off at the bus station. So cute!
Jamison Square
This afternoon, D and I headed to Jamison Square with Avery. On the way, I took a shot in the dark and texted a few people to let them know we were going in case they happened to be able to join us. I figured our odds were not good. Well, who walked up but the woman with three kids. They were out at lunch where Josie just happened to be wearing her swimsuit and figured they'd swing by. Woohoo! This meant that Avery (not mine) played with Avery (mine) and Josie (also not mine, but you should know that) in the water while D and I chatted with Amber and Andrew. A lovely impromptu playdate.
A super lovely impromptu playdate! The only thing that was missing was ice cream. :)
ReplyDelete