Pages

Monday, August 09, 2010

Bookcase

Weekend Recap
Avery and I had a couple of playdates on Friday, the second of which was at Rachele's.  Very convenient for me since D and I had date night on Friday night.  We decided to make it a double-header and saw two movies: The Other Guys and The Kids are All Right.  I thought The Other Guys was very funny.  The Kids are All Right was good, but not as good as I was expecting given it's stellar 96% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

Saturday we didn't do much of anything but nap before the G's arrived to drop Elise and Nolan off for a 24-hour break from the kids.  Our first overnight with both Nolan and Elise was about as easy as having two additional children could possibly be.  Nolan went to sleep without a fuss, as did Elise.  Avery had a bit more trouble - as she always does when we have guest children around - but even that was easy to deal with.  Nolan woke once during the night (D got up with him).  I got up with Elise and Nolan in the morning.  Avery came down to join us when she finally woke up.  The kids played well together.  Nolan entertained himself with my drawer of plastic containers.  All in all, an easy little stint in having three kids and three dogs in the house for a somewhat extended period of time.  Hopefully future weekends will be the same.  Fingers crossed.

Sunday, after E&N left with R&J around 4 pm, D put together Avery's new bookcase (see pictures below). We ate out on Sunday night, followed by an evening of TV - Madmen, Design Star, Rubicon
Avery's Room
We decided Avery's room was too cramped with both the chair and the new bookcase, so we have moved the chair into our room.  Clearly, we need to move the map behind the book case (all in due time, people), but I'm so very happy to have a place to put all the books and toys that were lining the floor of her room.  Eventually I'll buy some baskets/containers for some of the cubbies, but I wanted to get an inventory of the books and stuff we have before doing that. 

I've also decided that I need to buy Avery curtains and bedding that are a bit more girlie.  Now that her personality is more formed, I recognize the decor doesn't reflect Avery's personality very well. 


Real Housewives of New Jersey
Crap.  I'm totally hooked. I knew I shouldn't have started watching it.  It's like crack.  These people are crazy, but I just love to hate them.  Which is why we all watch those shows, isn't it?
BFF Dialogue
I am absoluetely terrible at remembering the cute things Avery is starting to say.  I have busted out laughing a number of times now that her vocabulary is verbose enough to relay more than simple things.  I did jot down a couple of exchanges between Avery and Elise during our weekend.

Avery, to me, at dinner: "I'm having a conversation with Friend Elise." 
Avery, to Elise: "How was your day Friend Elise?"

Elise, with genuine enthusiasm: "I didn't fall down the stairs!"
Avery, with matching genuine enthusiasm: "Good job, Friend Elise!"
Totally Awesome Desk
Check out this idea for containing cord mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment