Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Paint

Paint
Hopefully they'll begin painting our house next Monday!  I cannot wait to get a new color up.  As I've stated before, probably more times than I realize, we never liked the color we chose for the house.  It looked great on the 2"x 2" paint sample card, but awful on the house.  Our GC is coming by tonight to get the final sign off on the paint.  
Funny
Check out this playground sign.  Apparently, Canadian children are bit more capable ... or Canadians are less sue happy. 
Housewives
Since I've been enjoying my new guilty pleasure of The Real Housewives of New Jersey so much, I TiVo'd The ... DC.  Um, not so much.  Thankfully, my embarrassing attraction to trashiness is isolated to those crazy NJ women. 

I did watch the first episode of The ... DC.  What I find interesting is that two are most definitely not "housewives."  One is a realtor who does 25-30 million in listings each year; another is not even married (with no desire to be married) and runs a modeling agency.  The title of the show should be The Real Attention Seekers of xxxx.
Books
I have no update here.  I haven't read much at all since I finished the last book.  I am taking it as a sign that I am not going to finish the book on modern slavery.  It's just not worth it.  So, I'm taking suggestions for new books to read.  Ideas anyone? 
NP
I saw the naturopathic physician this week.  The reason for going: to see what can be done about my constant need for sleep.

He explained a difference between conventional/Western medicine and Chinese medicine in a way that made me think about medicine in a way I hadn't before.  When you go to a conventional doctor with, say, a migraine problem, that doctor will likely prescribe Imitrex.  In other words, the doctor is prescribing something to suppress the symptom rather than fixing the problem causing the migraines.  The goal of Chinese medicine is to address the problem rather than the symptom.  I should note here that he wasn't at all critical of conventional doctors here.  There was no attitude that conventional doctors are quacks or aren't valid.  It was just explaining he different thought processes. 

I went to an acupuncturist when we were trying to get pregnant.  I remember her taking my pulses there and getting a similar result to his result.  Basically, according to Chinese medicine, my kidney function is close to non-existent and liver function is not stellar.  The way he described it, the kidney is like the battery to the body.  My battery is empty.

So, we're starting with three sessions of acupuncture, a blood test (which apparently is analyzed differently than conventional doctors analyze results), and I'm supposed to start an elimination diet.  My first acupuncture treatment is tomorrow.  Since Avery's not in school, I'm taking her.  I think she'll just want to watch the process, but I have my iPhone if she wants to watch TV. 
Eddie
Since we've been giving him additional medication to dull any pain and discomfort he is experiencing, we've had far fewer poop accidents in the house.  I'm not sure why, but RHG speculated that maybe he's more willing to go out during the day to eliminate since it's not as painful for him.  My guess is that is correct.

We still have issues, one of which was pretty traumatic for me the other day.  This is disgusting, so if you're easily disgusted, move along.  Avery was at school, so I decided to eat lunch in the living room while watching my new bad habit (RHofNJ).  I sat down in the chair, ate my lunch and thought all was well.  When I got up from the chair to put my dishes in the kitchen, a turd fell off the back of me.  It was then that I realized I had been sitting on a couple of turds in the chair and hadn't noticed.  So gross.  Clearly, it didn't smell badly since I didn't notice that.  Thankfully, that is the chair with the cover that can be washed, so I stripped it immediately and washed it.  No more Eddie in that chair! 

No comments:

Post a Comment