Company Retreat: Partiamo
I got up at 4:30 this morning so I could have a bit of downtime before we need to leave at 6:00 to drop off Avery and the dogs at the G's for the day (she'll also be spending the night there). D has to be dropped off for rafting at 8:15; I have to be at the spa at 9:00. That's right, this weekend is Partiamo, aka D's company retreat. We're staying at a lodge at the base of Mt. Hood and gathering with his coworkers and their spouses for a Saturday of fun. We'll stay the night there, probably have a brunch at the resort on Sunday, then pick up Avery from the G's house.
I got to pick from the following activities: golf, rafting, or spa. Um, what do you think I'm going to choose? Duh.
House Progress
We're finally making some progress. Turns out that our designer/GC made a few changes with his company since his hospitalization. His hospitalization at the beginning of our project set the course of our house changes on the slow track. When I finally had enough of being patient and understanding, I emailed a concise email asking him to pick up the pace. The pace was immediately picked up. Turns out that he has been busy taking his company from 6 people to 28. He was handling way too much himself and not doing it very well. I'm happy to find that our gut feeling about him that he is honest and solid (for lack of a better term) was correct. The flakiness was more about him being stretched way too thin. Anyway, painters arrive on Monday; they ripped up some of the lawn to make way for our new sidewalk; the moved the sprinkler system to accommodate the new landscaping; shake siding is installed.
We also have a few side projects going on:
Back Deck - we had it power washed recently. We really should have done that long ago. He sanded the deck yesterday. After the painters finish up at the end of next week, the deck will be (re)stained.
Dog Run - The dog run project is on hold since the supplies have not yet arrived. They're scheduled to arrive around the beginning of September.
D's Office - We had a leak through the door in D's office that resulted in some water damage and mold. We're having the room cleaned of the mold by a professionals who do mold clean up. I believe it's over the top that we're doing this given the amount of mold (not that much), but we are being cautious given we have a 2.5 y-o in the house. After the clean up, there is work to be done to replace the door jam and then restore the room given parts will be ripped out.
No comments:
Post a Comment