Elimination Diet - Day Four
Um, I just caved. Not so much due to craving, but just sheer exhaustion. I couldn't think of what to eat and couldn't just eat almonds for lunch, so I had half a bagel and half glass of Diet Coke. Interestingly, I don't want to have anymore of either. I'm now wondering if this means I should abandon the diet all together, or if I should persevere.
In theory, I should start tomorrow as day one because the idea is to clear out the body of all the potential allergens (gluten, corn, dairy, etc). However, if I'm being honest with myself (and while I have a lot of downfalls, I'm typically pretty honest with myself), I'm not seeing how I can make it 21 days on such a restricted diet. I'm actually very surprised at how easy (relatively speaking) resisting the foods is for me. The hardest part was the cheesecake, but once that was gone, it's been easy. I have no issue declining cheese or any other dairy. I don't even have that much trouble with the sugar all things considered. In fact, I have two fruit by the foot (the organic kind) in the drawer in the kitchen. I haven't been at all tempted. What I really struggle with is the lack of ease in eating such a strict diet. I like things to be easy. This is not easy.
I don't know. I thought about just not blogging about my failure. And about not saying anything to anyone. Who would know? But that's not my style apparently.
The other part that has me struggling is that I've been exhausted the past few days. I slept all morning yesterday, and that was after a full 8-10 hours of sleep the night before (I was in bed 10 hours, but between wake-ups, etc, it was probably closer to 8). Prior to starting the diet, I had been improving in the last month. I think I'd napped maybe a couple of days in a month versus whenever I could. That's a big difference. So maybe whatever he's doing with the acupuncture is helping. I don't know.
Laryngitis
I said whispered to my mom on the phone the other day that I couldn't remember the last time I lost my voice. Then I realized that I've never lost my voice like this. It's completely gone. I have an appointment with the doctor this afternoon. I don't think there's much that can be done other than resting my voice and drinking liquids, but I'm no doctor, so we'll give this a whirl.
Little Gym
Christie and I signed Henry and Avery up for the fall session at Little Gym. Today was their first class. Avery had a wonderful time. No one can ever accuse Avery of lacking enthusiasm. With each new activity, she jumped up and down and clapped her hands. Parachute! Bubbles! Hanging by her hands! Rolling down a ramp! Jumping off a block! Running!
It's an expensive activity - way more than I think it should be - but it's worth it to see how much Avery loves it. When we had to give our names to the group, I couldn't talk, so I had Avery say her name then pointed to myself. She then told the group my name is "Megan!"
Never ending house crap
I had two contractors come in to do bids on restoring D's office. One of them came in with a price of $3500, the other with a price of $1400. Both are rated A+ on BBB. I got an equal gut feel in terms of my comfort level with each during his visit. We have decided to go with, shocker, the lower estimate contractor. I am anxious to get that all done, but I'm sure it's going to be at least another month before it's back to normal.
The furnace/AC situation: it's not leaking, but the carpet is still a bit damp. The head of the shop came in to take a look on Tuesday. He said it was that the coil on the AC froze and then thawed. When he showed me the size of the coil, I then understood how it could result in that much water. We'll have to have the AC looked at before we use it again, but that's it. It probably happened because of lack of air flow in the furnace. Either a dirty filter (though our filter didn't look that dirty according to him) or lack of air flow for another unknown reason. Anyway, I'm supposed to keep the filter very clean. I just set up a text message to be delivered once a month to remind me.
Avery sleep chart
Night two was a failure. A massive failure. I have not lost all faith yet. She takes naps at school. I've noticed when she naps during the day, she goes to sleep very late. If she doesn't nap, then she goes to sleep at a reasonable time. I am taking this as a sign that she's very close to be ready to drop her naps. Sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment