Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

Frustrated

Laryngitis
Diagnosis confirmed.  Treatment of not talking (including whispering) and lots of fluids and "taking care of myself" received.  I'm not sure how to achieve this not talking thing with a 2.5yo and three dogs.  It's so f*&%ing frustrating.  I cannot adequately express how frustrating.  The dogs got loose out front and ran off into the neighbor's yard.  What could I do since I couldn't yell after them?  The answer is jump and down and throw a minor hissy fit.  Nice.

I have a picnic on Saturday and a dinner on Sunday. I am not missing either one, but it's going to be interesting when I have to mime all my conversations.

I have learned that even laryngitis does not stop complete strangers from attempting to have a conversation with me. I'm clearly struggling to speak, yet they're still getting all chit chatty at the car wash. WTF? I couldn't be less friendly in my body language if I tried, but we live in Portland and that means chatty chatty chatty apparently.
Diet = Done, Megan = Bitching, You no like = skip this part
Maybe I'll resume at another point, but as of now, it's out the window.  I was thinking I might be able to recover after my slip at lunch, but after the dog walk and then brushing the three dogs, it's totally done with.  Something had to break between not being able to talk and having a third dog in the house.  Not only is there more chaos, there's so much more hair.  I keep vacuuming and that does nothing.  Eddie is shedding like a maniac, but I can barely brush him because he goes after me (gently) due to pain.  I try to do it as gently as I can, but he's so sensitive in the back now that it's very difficult to do.  Touching his hip is like a mass of bony bumps.  Things are definitely all messed up back there.

Then there's the constant poop issue.  Eddie is back in the garage at night due to incontinence, but there's still the poop in the garage to pick up, plus in-house accidents during the day.  And the poop in the dog run.  And Avery's twice a day pooping.  My life is like shit-picker-upper central right now.

Ah crap.  Now I'm a bit nauseated from eating stuff not on the diet.  I guess my body adjusted to it.  Man, I'm in a mood today. Screw it.  I'm going all the way with this mood.  Check out this Dear Abby article.  Some woman writes in for advice about a friendship gone south and Abby says, "DEAR HAVEN'T A CLUE: I wish you had written me before soliciting advice from your neighbors because ..." Seriously?  The first thing this "Abby" says is how you can't even ask for advice right?  
Amazing Race
The Amazing Race will have a team of a birthmother and her biological daughter whom she placed for adoption.  They've only very recently found each other.  I must say that I find it so cool that the show has such a pairing on it.  I love when adoption comes out of the closet.

2 comments:

  1. I like your bitchy mood, although for your sake (and the sake of your family) I hope it passes quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has passed, though this exceptional heartburn has not. I never get heartburn and I've had it so many times in the past week. Maybe that's what's causing the laryngitis. Anyway, the mood really has passed. Mostly because Avery went to sleep at 7 pm. I kept her awake in the car so she wouldn't take a car seat nap. Those are now bad because they make her stay awake until 10 or 11. I can't deal with that. Seriously, Christie, you are a super woman. I don't know how you do it. Hats off.

    ReplyDelete