OCD is my name, useless activities are my game
Labeling of posts was a feature added a year or so after I started blogging. I have tried at various times in the past to label posts, but always stop because I get too specific and end up with a million labels.
For whatever reason, I decided to start labeling posts again. However, of course I can't just start labeling; I have to go back and label all past posts. I'm doing it a month at a time because I don't want to get mousers wrist. Why must I need to do such pointless activities?
I still have way too many labels, but I cannot stop myself, so I'm going accept this over-labeling trait as The Way I Am. For the Avery categories, I started them all with {a} to differentiate. And I still have labels from the past applied (hence so many falafels and kormas.)
Of course, whenever one starts to dig through something, unfinished business elsewhere pops up. For example, the Annoyances section below is the start of an unfinished post last December.
And allowing myself one crazy act of OCD-driven-uselessness is bound to create others. Since I decided to consistently use single word post titles, I have this urge to go back and change all the post titles. However, I will resist this urge because it seems a bit like changing what I said.
Annoyances
- People who tell people to "enjoy it while it lasts" with regards to children. Does anyone think that any stage lasts forever? Should we really have to type "I know this will change, but ..." before every little declaration of enjoyment?
- People who respond "TMI!" to status updates or blog posts. Really? Suck it up and stop being a prude.
- People who use FB status updates as a place to be all mushy and grateful about their lives. With the exception of the occassional "Hubby did this, he rocks!" or "Child did this, am so proud!" I don't want to hear about your blessings. Basically, if I see your status start to glaze over with frosted glass and cheesy music, ew. Ick. TMI! (teehee).
When I saw this title on my rss feed, I expected to see a pic of my fridge with avocado front and center,
ReplyDelete