I can make it, I can make it ...
Avery woke up in such a mood today. I am letting her watch her second 30-minute show of the day (her latest favorite: WordWorld). We, thankfully, have Tumble Bugs at 2:30. I was hoping to hit the grocery store before then, but the guy fixing D's office still hasn't arrived and he has no key to get in.
Garage doors
Our new garage doors are installed. They still need to be painted, but they're installed and working. It took the guy all day to do it. I wasn't expecting it would be such a long process. It didn't help that they guy doing it was clearly just hanging on until his next drink and probably smoked about 40 cigarettes while he was here. However, he did do a very thorough job from what I can tell. It seems very solidly done. Interestingly, they are much quieter than the old doors, so that's nice.
I think the doors actually make the garage look smaller, or at least the doors themselves look smaller than our other doors. Maybe this is due to the diagonal lines drawing the eye towards the center of the doors? Either way, I think once they are painted brown, they'll look much better than our old doors.
I asked about an estimated date for when everything might be done. They're targeting the end of next week. I'm translating this to mid-October. I am so looking forward to it being done, though my loathing of all things house maintenance has dissipated at bit in the past couple of months. I guess having to deal with so many people coming in and out of the house for various issues has given me more practice and therefore made me more comfortable with it. Not sure, but I'm grateful for it.
Backup
I bought a backup hard drive yesterday ... finally! I spent a lot of yesterday sorting through files and organizing documents and photos. I still have quite a bit to do, but I at least feel like progress is moving forward versus spinning in circles.
This is a 500GB drive, but it's portable, so I plan to store it in the fire safe and then do a manual update once a month.
I like the house colors. Once you stain the porch I think it will really make a difference in perception especially when all the landscape is up and growing.
ReplyDelete