Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Strip

Lights
Sigh.  This was supposed to be the crowning triumph.  It was supposed to make me say, "Wow!  I love it!"  Instead, our driveway looks like a freakin' airport landing strip.  This picture does not do it justice.  Those lights are twice as bright in real life.


The other major flaw: we have a really, really bright street lamp right in front of our house. I didn't think about that.  This really dulls any affect (or is it effect - I don't think I'll ever master the proper use of those two) the spotlights on the trees might have. Hopefully when the bushes and plants get bigger, they'll looks a little more tasteful and less crazy.  It's like we're screaming, "Look at us! We have an orange house!" during the day; at night we're screaming, "You're cleared for landing."

Maybe, like the house color, it'll look much better in the gray and the rain.

I will post final pictures once the plants on the other side of the sidewalk are planted. 

3 comments:

  1. Man, I just realized that with the landing strip analogy, we should rename our house The Sunset Strip: sunset-y hues, airport landing strip, address. Nice. Maybe I'll rename my blog in honor of it. You know, embrace the crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darr says to me via iChat today "I saw a picture of Megan's Airport. Smith International." I'm just sayin' it has a nice ring to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Yep, not far off base.

    ReplyDelete