Pages

Monday, September 06, 2010

Water

Labor Day Leak
I went downstairs this morning to change our furnace filter and noticed the floor made a funny sound when I walked on it.  Upon further inspection, I noticed that the carpeted floor was went.  Upon even further inspection, I notice the molding along the bottom of the floor is warped and there is small amount of standing water in the furnace room.  Great.  It feels like everything is falling apart.

We called in a guy to look at the furnace. Basically, the AC is somehow causing the leak.  If we don't run the AC, then the water leak stops.  That's the good news.  The bad news is the guy couldn't figure out how to make the leak stop on its own.  We'll have to have the entire furnace moved away from the wall and basically have everything reinstalled somehow.  I might be getting this wrong since D was the one speaking with the guy.  The damage to the carpet seems minimal.  I think we'll be able to salvage it, but who knows.  
A Weekend Visit From Denver Friends
Our friends from Denver came for a visit this weekend.  They arrived on Friday night.  We met up with the Gs for breakfast on Saturday morning, then Terry & Claudia borrowed our minivan to hit wine country for the day.  D dropped me off at home because I was sick; he took Avery to the mall to get a second pair of glasses (so cute!) for Avery. I then spent the day in bed sick as all heck.  I was so sick I couldn't even join everyone for dinner that night AND we kept the babysitter coming to the house because I couldn't deal with Avery.  D said that Le Pigeon was much better this time around, so I'm still a bit bummed I missed it.

Sunday I felt better, though not great.  We dropped Avery off for the day with the Wagners (thanks, Amber!)  Avery couldn't have been happier with this.  She turned and waved goodbye to us without hesitation and off we drove.  We hit several wineries, the best of which was Bergstrom.  Even I liked the wine there.  We (and by we I mean D) purchased several bottles of wine, including a magnum of a great 2007 wine that we can "lay down" (a term I have never used, but that was used repeatedly by our wine-loving friends and D) to give to Avery on her 18th birthday.

Once home, we all took a quick nap then headed out for dinner at Tabla.  Dinner was excellent.  Avery had a very long day, so she was a bit antsy, but all things considered, she did very well at the restaurant.

Today, after dealing with the leak and then several misfires on lunch places (they were closed due to the holiday) we headed to Andina for lunch, then wandered around the Pearl District before dropping Terry & Claudia at the airport.  
Babysitter
Avery absolutely loves the babysitter.  She lives right next door, so it's very convenient for us.  It also means her parents are right next door if she has any problems come up.  However, I'm not at all worried about her.  From the moment she walked in the house on Friday to get to know Avery, I was totally confident I would feel comfortable leaving Avery with her.  Avery warmed up immediately and talked Melanie's ear off. Melanie was very engaging with Avery and dived right into playing and reading to Avery. 

This means we'll be able to do our weekly date night even on weeks the Gs are on vacation (the nerve!)  Sweet!   It's amazing how getting someone lined up to be able to call makes everything so much easier.  The Gs are our primary sitters,  as we are for them, but it feels great to have an easy sitter lined up when scheduling doesn't work out with the Gs.  Plus, to schedule with her, I get to text her versus having to call.  Awesome. 
Dog Run
Our dog run is working out wonderfully.  I'm now so regretful we didn't do this long ago.  I have to be diligent about picking up the poop every other day (my goal is everyday) because it's in such a small area.  But that's easy enough to do since it's not so challenging to pick up the poop.  I'm pleased as punch with that.  
Diet
My elimination diet starts tomorrow.  Egads.  I don't feel prepared, but I can spend a lot of tomorrow figuring out what I need to plan ahead for, etc.  I'm actually looking forward to it after spending the weekend sick.  I lost my voice, I have been coughing, then I drank way too much wine on Sunday night and was sick this morning.  So not good.  Anyway, I hope it feels great to cleanse my body and figure out what is making me so tired all the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment