Milestones
Every once in a while, I actually read the "your child at [insert age]" article sent to me by babycenter.com. Today's linked to skills mastered by the average 31 - 36 month old. Avery's in the advanced category for all ages listed for most skills. The skills she's not quite there on are related to drawing. She can sort of draw a circle, but most of the time she keeps going around and around and it's just a hot mess really. She is no where near a stick figure. I am not shocked by this at all because she has so little interest in drawing or coloring. She can hold the crayon or marker quite well, it's just the activity itself holds no interest for her. Don't get me wrong. I'm not worried about this at all. Different kids like different things. I just find it interesting.
I also don't think she's doing every other foot when going up and downstairs.
I have commented to friends several times that I don't get why it takes kids so long to master their colors. Given one of the milestones is knows ONE color, clearly it's a universally challenging thing for kids. Avery, by the way, is not blue-yellow colorblind. The day after I did the post stating how sure I was that she was blue-yellow colorblind, she identified yellow for the first time ever. That was the only color she was, for whatever reason, struggling to remember. She's got it down pat now.
Neighbors
After dinner last night, Avery wanted to play ball. The three of us went into the exterior courtyard next to our house and sat down to toss the ball to each other. A neighbor's gate was open and eventually the temptation of the ball was too much for their 5-month-old puppy who ran out to greet us when no one was looking. That resulted in us meeting three sets of neighbors. We're not good at meeting people who are not introduced to us. Hell, we're not good at maintaining relationships when people are introduced to us. Now if I can only hang on to their names and commit them to memory.
TV
D and I brought down the DVD's for the first season of several TV shows. We finished the first season of Breaking Bad, then dutifully ordered the next two seasons so they'll be at our house when we get home. We started Sons of Anarchy last night. I'm enjoying that one, too.
Friends
Vic and Mike arrive this afternoon! It'll be fun to have them here for the rest of our visit. We've already book a boat trip out to Coronado Island for later this week. We're planning to dinner out tonight, so that should be fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment