Long Stint
For a few reasons, our division of Avery duty got a little off schedule such that the person who is on duty does the afternoon, bedtime routine, then the morning shift the next morning. This is good when you're off duty, but more challenging when you're on duty. Perhaps we'll try to get back on the original schedule, but not until I've enjoyed by off duty stint which starts ... now!
This morning, Avery and I mostly stayed around the casa. We made BD cards for Henry and Aunt Victoria, whose birthdays are both today. We played some form of a Dora inspired game on the roof terrace with the strollers. I still can't figure out what exactly the troll bridge guy was paying us for as we crossed his bridge, but Avery was the leader, so I did as I was told. When the Dora inspired game became too dull to continue (for me), I decided to bring up a pitcher of water and some cups. Avery loves to dump water on things, so that kept her busy for a while. A rare glimpse of Megan Creative Mom surfaced when I realized we could dip our fingers in the water and draw pictures on the cement floor. When we tired of that, Avery decided to take me outside the casa to "paint" out there. She pushed her little stroller and I pushed the larger stroller. Both were empty, but that didn't seem to bother Avery. She told me just where to park it and exactly where to sit and exactly how to play properly. I would call her bossy, but as I infamously (in my own mind at least) once said to my mom when she called me bossy, "Where I come from, that's called leadership."
Uno, dos, tres, ...
I keep forgetting to note (at least I don't think I noted it) that Avery can count to ten in Spanish. We didn't teach her, so I think she picked up from watching Dora. It's possible she learned it at school, but I highly doubt it since they've never noted this in their summary of activities. She often counts things in Spanish rather than English now, which I find intersting.
Potty
An Avery quirk that I've been forgetting to put in the blog so I wouldn't forget is her tendency to carry her potty to a particular spot for use. This is particularly prevalent after she's gone to bed. She'll get out of bed, take the potty that is kept in her room into the hallway, put it at the top of the stairs, then proceed to use it. It is both amusing and odd to come up the stairs to find a full potty sitting there waiting to be emptied.
She likes to move the potty around down here, too. Mostly she moves it into the center of the interior courtyard.
No comments:
Post a Comment