Pages

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Sinus

(Likely) sinus infection
I went to the doctor yesterday.  I'm so sick of being sick.  He thinks I have a sinus infection that is causing all the issues.  The sinus infection causes post nasal drip, which causes the excessive coughing.  The excessive coughing is causing the acid reflux.  Acid reflux often affects your voice.   He prescribed some antibiotics and then asked if I'd like something to help with my cough (which is annoying and frequent, but doesn't sound bad).  Normally, I am, for whatever reason, hesitant to take medication for something (other than depression which I'm more than willing to pop some pills for!).  However, this time, after initially starting to ask if it was necessary, I stopped myself and then replied, "Yes!"

Through all this, I've been so grateful that I never started smoking.  If I ever had a smoker's cough, I would surely be driven insane.
Alpha dog
In other news, Turtle has seemingly replaced Eddie as the alpha dog in the house.  It's been trending this way for a while with Turtle often pushing her way to be first out the door and minor things like that.  Last night, I was giving the dogs some left over food.  I put some in Eddie's dish and Turtle pushed her way to his dish and ate it.  She never would have dared do such a thing a couple of years ago. 

Eddie had a total of two poop accidents while staying at the G's house while we were in Mexico.  Since he's been back home with us, we've had at least three, maybe four.  Rachele said he spent a lot of time outside.  Please note that they didn't force him to be outside - Eddie loves to be outside.  Turtle is more an indoor gal.
School pictures
Avery had pictures taken at school recently.  Her first school pictures!  They're the standard school pictures you'd expect to see.  In all of them, she's genuinely smiling and looks cute, but since they're standard school pictures, they are nothing special in terms of photography skill or capturing a moment.  Regardless, I ended up buying the entire package figuring it was cheaper to buy these pictures to send to people rather than pictures done by a professional photographer (should I ever get around to setting up a session).  I get the digital images as part of the package, but I haven't received them yet.  I'll post a few of them when they arrive. 
Scary pumpkins
If the point of Halloween is to have the scariest pumpkins, we might just win!  Before we left for Mexico, we went to a Halloween carving party hosted at the house of one of D's colleagues.  It was the first time D had ever carved a pumpkin.  We stuck them on the front porch and forgot about them.  Here's what they look like now.

No comments:

Post a Comment