Pages

Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Minifunk

Whinefest
The house is a mess.  Since getting home, I haven't gone grocery shopping for more than couple days worth of meals.  I am so pissed that I'm still sick.  I have no right to be, I know. It's not like I'm seriously ill.  It's not like it's even at a level that is painful.  But I'm admittedly getting down because I spend all day coughing and trying to get this spot in my lungs cleared.  The antibiotics worked to clear my sinuses, so at least I don't have a sore throat and stuffed nose when I wake up.  I'm sick of being sick.  I'll stop now because I could literally go on and on and on and ...

It's occurring to me if I might need to increase the dose on my antidepressants (not on my own, but rather by talking with my PMHNP about it).  Traditionally, this is the worst time of year for me.  I find that odd because as far as seasons go, fall is my favorite.  I love when it's cooler but not cold.  I love the crisp air.  I love the return of fog.  Where we are, there is almost daily fog and I love it.  But I think my psyche doesn't like the chaos of the holiday season.  That's all I can think of.  I just want things to Slow Down.  I can't handle so much socialization.  It's just too much stimulation for me.

We're hosting a big party here on Friday for D's work colleagues.  I don't have to cook for it (thank goodness), but I do need to get the house cleaned.  I tried to hire our cleaners to do it (they only clean for us when we go on vacation or around big events like this), but they're busy.  I know. Woe is me having to clean the house myself.

Christie & Henry and Avery & I are heading up to Seattle tomorrow for an overnight trip.  I'm looking forward to that since it'll get me out of this mini funk I'm in, even if only temporarily. 

3 comments:

  1. Christie better hope it gets you out of your minifunk!

    Totally kidding... after being sick for a whopping 3 days, I think you have every right in the world to be pissed about being sick for more than 2 months. I can't believe you're still not 100%!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why don't you try hiring other cleaners?

    I totally agree with Amber that you have every right to be pissed about being sick for more than 2 months. While it's good to keep things in perspective, it's also good to not diminish very valid complaints.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You totally have a right to be pissed about being sick for so long. Cut yourself some slack!

    We've been using Castle Care Cleaning for our regular cleaning, you might see if they're available. Their rates are reasonable and they're eco-friendly. http://www.castlecarecleaning.com/

    ReplyDelete