Avery quirks
Not a day goes by when Avery doesn't mention her birthday in some manner. Just now, she was heading out to the pool with D. She said, "Thanks for getting my googles, Dad. I'm going to be three in December!" as if those two items are things that anyone would say in conjunction with each other. She's also quite pleased with the fact she can do the traditional sign for three with her hands (index, middle, and ring finger).
For the past few nights, Avery has come up to one of us and announced she's tired and wants to go bed. Then she actually goes to bed! Unreal. I couldn't believe it when she did this last night because we had friends over for dinner and there was a lot going on. She knew there was cake we hadn't yet brought out, yet she still turned to me and said she was tired and wanted her night time milk. I will be so happy if this trend continues when we're home.
Happenings
On Thursday we took a boat out to Coronado Island and the white sand beach. At one point, Avery announces she has to go potty. D and I did rock, paper, scissors to determine who had to take her up to the composting toilet. I lost, so up Avery and I went. She actually went this time, whereas last time when Nain took her up, she refused. We must have the only preschooler on Earth who won't pee in the sea.
Last night, we had our friends over for dinner. They drove down here from Canada a few weeks ago, stopping along the way in wine country. They arrived with five cases (that's 60 bottles) of wine. We joked that good wine is in Loreto Bay as cigarettes are in prison. Anyway, it was good wine and good food. D roasted a couple of chickens and some roasted vegetables, I made fetticine alfredo (thanks for the recipe, Christie!), and Victoria and Mike made the best carrot cake and cream cheese frosting I've ever tasted.
This morning I woke to the sound of the mixer - a housewarming gift from Vic and Mike - making whipped cream for the freshly baked scones Vic made. Needless to say, getting into my pants when we get home might be a bit challenging for me.
We've now finished the first season of Sons of Anarachy, which I very much enjoyed. We started East Bound & Down last night, but I hated it. My guess is we'll start True Blood tonight since I don't think we'll be able to convince Mike to go for the first season of Glee.
I have the afternoon shift today. I hope Avery's in as good of a mood as she was in before she headed off to the pool!
No comments:
Post a Comment