Pages

Friday, November 12, 2010

Cleaning

Nothing special
Today was fairly productive.  I cleaned the house and got many things organized and put away.  I needed to be here all day because I had someone here painting a door upstairs, as well as touching up the garage doors.  Avery and I successfully navigated the whole day without issue, which is awesome considering we didn't leave the house.  Thinking about it, I don't think she cried or was difficult even once today.  It was challenging to continue to clean since she'd ask me so nicely to play with her every thirty seconds, but she handled it well when I said no.  I did stop to play occasionally, but tried to keep busy so we'd have a clean house for the weekend.

In the morning, I asked Rachele if Elise was up for a playdate this afternoon.  She was able to drop Elise off after E's doctor appointment around 4.  Avery and Elise are now having a grand time playing upstairs.  I am a little nervous to go upstairs to the see the inevitable mess they've made in my nice, clean bedroom (which is their favorite place to play because I can easily build a cool fort/tent in there), but it's worth it to hear Avery so happy after a long day of her putting up with me telling her I need to keep cleaning.

I'll drop Elise off at Rachele's when I head to book club tonight.  Hopefully I'll at least remember something about the book.  This is the first book club I've ever been in, so I'm not even sure what one discusses at a book club.

No comments:

Post a Comment