Saturday date night
We had dinner at Paley's Place last night. It was very good, but not as good as it has been in the past. In fact, the past few times I've been, there has been something not quite stellar about at least one dish I've ordered. As such, we've decided to demote Paley's from our favorite Portland restaurant to a number further down the list (5 or 6?). It was very cool, though, to go in and enjoy a good meal and then just get up and walk out without so much as seeing the bill. D's dad bought us dinner as a BD gift to D. It was a stroke of genius on his part as that is pretty much the ideal gift for us!
I made our reservation for 6 PM in hopes that we'd still be able to squeeze in a movie after dinner. We were able to see 127 Hours, which was good, but not as good as I was expecting. D and I found it interesting that I had no trouble watching the scene where he amputates his own arm, yet I couldn't watch the scene where Jesus is being beat in Passion of the Christ. D, on the other hand, couldn't watch the arm amputation scene, but had no issue with the Passion of the Christ. For me, it's not difficult to watch someone inflict pain on themselves, but it's difficult to watch pain being inflicted on someone who is unable to fight back. I think the key for me is whether the person is able to fight back, whether he has control over the situation.
Sunday dinner date
Tonight we're having dinner at the house of some fellow Loreto Bay homeowners. They just recently completed their home and stayed in our home for a few days while furniture was being delivered to their casa. They are parenting their grandchildren, so Avery will have someone to play with while we're there.
so what is your favorite portland restaurant now?
ReplyDelete