Holiday stress is here
I shouldn't be surprised, but Monday marked the return of my usual holiday moodiness. It's not so much the holiday as the general chaos. It's not helped by the fact that Eddie has been pooping more in the house after a lovely stint of few accidents over the course of several weeks. There have been three in house accidents today alone.
It's also not helped by the fact that Eddie is following me around a lot more. He tends to act strange when Mom is here - either he gets more clingy with me, or he gets clingy with mom, or some other variation. That he's following me around all the time is driving me more crazy given his nails are so long and he just makes this click, click, click sound constantly. I know it's so minor. I shouldn't complain, but if I don't vent here, where will I? That's right, by yelling even more at Eddie.
Finally, it's not helped by Avery's new found love of saying, "Moooom!" repeatedly in a whiny voice. I swear, she must say my name 100 times a day. She'll say it even when D is sitting right next to her - as in, she seems to think only I should be asked to attend to her every need.
Nook
When Avery saw her nook, she was most definitely underwhelmed. I think she didn't quite know what it was for. She also seemed a tad bit fearful. This morning, however, she was thrilled to hear me say she could take her babies and books in there and read to them! In she went, making sure to tell me that she was safe (hence the reason I think she was scared initially). It was also a big hit with Elise while she was here for a short playdate this afternoon. They both went in a closed the door and giggled away. So cute!
Birthfamily visit
We had a visit with Nikki & Grandma J on Saturday. It went very well. Avery and Garrett played and played and played. Garrett would sing the ABCs and Avery would dance.
Is moooom like moon? Or, is it like malm?
ReplyDelete@Dad - it is like being pecked to death by a duck.
ReplyDelete