Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Better

Better, much better
I woke up today feeling so much better.  It could be a number of things:
  • The Prozac I took hit my system (highly unlikely it's this since Prozac takes a while to build up and I'm on a minuscule dose at the moment)
  • I bought and drank detox tea specifically because it said it's good for kidney and liver functions.  You might recall (though why would you?) that my kidney and liver pulses are basically non-existent whenever they're checked by the naturopath or acupuncturist.  I figured what harm could tea do.  I don't like nor dislike the tea, so it's painless and easy. 
  • Acupuncture yesterday finally caught up with me.
  • I got better sleep last night, though I did have night sweats again - boo!
Valentine's Day cards
Here are a few pictures of the final Valentine's Day cards.
Cards for the students

Cards for the teachers
Snowman
It snowed overnight, so I bundled Avery and out we went to make a snowman.  To be more accurate, I made the snowman while she commanded that we needed to do certain things ("He needs a carrot for a nose!" etc).  I made the eyes out of wine corks - what else? - and the mouth out of celery.

I even had the energy to shovel the sidewalks and the driveway, thank you very much.  Never mind it wasn't necessary to do this since the snow is rapidly melting.  I just couldn't stop once I started moving snow around to make the snowman.  OCD, oh how I loathe thee.

It would have been better to get a picture of Avery with the snowman, but by this point she'd said she was going in the house to warm up and abandoned the project.

To satiate your need for Avery pictures, I shall post this one of a particularly cute outfit Avery picked out for school last week.

Notice how all elements have stripes.  Awesome.
Toilets
And now, since I have energy, I'm going to scrub all the toilets.  I've been aching to do this forever. Yes, I have.  But it's not something I can do quickly because I'm a total germ-a-phobe when it comes to toilet cleaning, so I have to have all my gear ready.  I've just not had the energy and time at the same time to do it.  I love me a clean bowl. 
Sick
Oh, and Avery is still sick, but was a total trooper (thank goodness, knock on wood) through the night.  As with all sick days, it's a eat whatever you want and watch as much boob tube as your little heart desires day.  Hey, maybe that's why I'm so happy? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment