Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Sledding


Mucus factory

That should be my new name: Megan the Mucus Factory.  I feel like shit.  I can't believe I still have bursts of energy even through this round of sickness. I'm grateful for that, but as of an hour ago, I hit my wall and now I'm just waiting for nighttime so I can put Avery to bed.  In the meantime, she's watching Bolt.

I'm getting all achy now, which concerns me that this is the beginning of it and not the end.  I have been sick since Feb. 6.  Before that, I was hit by an awful, but short-lived, vomiting and other-end virus for a few days.  I am quite sure I've been sick more than I've been well in 2011.  I'm ready to have energy AND be well.  Any day now would be just dandy.

The way I am looking at it, this is my third distinct bout with sickness since getting on my diet.  Only I can tell the differences between each bout since to the rest of you, the only symptom other than my hacking cough and runny nose, is my whining about my never-ending sickness.  In any case, I'm ready to be well.  Now.

Sledding
This morning, while I wasn't feeling wonderful, I was certainly far better than I am right now.  After eating my second breakfast (see next topic for why I ate two of them), Avery and I headed out to go sledding.  When I heard snow was expected, I stopped to buy a couple of sleds just in case.  D played with us out on the street out front for about 10 minutes between conference calls.  Then Avery, Turtle Girlie and I headed over to the cemetery to do more sledding.  I pulled Avery on her sled, had her hold my sled, then walked Turtle with my other hand.  This went surprisingly well.

Once in the cemetery, I tested out the hill for the danger factor since we only had maybe 3 inches of snow which means hitting the road would be hard.  Once I felt it was a spot safe enough for Avery, I sent her flying down the hill.  At first, she was a bit hesitant.  But after coming to a safe landing that first time, she wanted to do it again and again.  I also had her in a helmet since we were sledding from grass to snow-covered cement.

After a while of sledding, I decided that our scheduled playdate with Kerry & Lily would be easiest to get to if I pulled Avery up the cemetery hills then down the road for a bit, then dropped back into our development.  Pulling her was not what I would call easy.  Those hills are steep, she's 30 lbs, and her sled kept accumulating snow underneath it.  However, we made it and had a nice playdate with Kerry and Lily.

Getting home went very well.  I was a bit worried that, since the hills are so steep, I'd have a hard time controlling the sled from taking off down the hill while trying to walk Turtle and my sled in one hand whilst pulling Avery with the other.  Avery couldn't hold my sled, in case you're wondering, because she was busy eating Goldfish.  Then I remembered I had something I could use to fasten the second sled to the back of Avery's sled.  That made the journey back a piece of cake.

Turtle was very well behaved at Kerry's house.  I left her in the garage.  It's nice to have a dog whom I'm positive will not chew up anything in someone's garage, will not scratch on the door, and will not bark.  Good Turtle Girlie.  She did accidentally knock Avery down a few steps in the garage, but Avery had her helmet and snow suit on, so no harm no foul.  I think that's actually the first time Turtle has ever knocked Avery down.  Not bad for three years.

Double breakfast
So on my last post, I said I was heading to bed at 3:50.  That didn't take.  So I was awake last night from 12:30 - 6:00 am.  I ate my first breakfast at 5 am, then ate another one at 8:30.  And thus concludes the story of my two breakfasts.

Qaddafi
I have not been following any of the world events as of late.  I understand Egypt had some sort of brew ha-ha (kidding, I do know a bit more than that).  Anyway, not to make light of the situation in Libya, but this Vanity Fair slideshow of Qaddafi's fashion sense cracked me up.  And how did he go from being not bad looking at all (see the last picture from 1981) to someone who has got to be on the ugliest people of all time? 

Weird Ad
I saw this ad on FB a while back. Normally I don't notice ads (I have my own special brain that misses most ads - it's a gift), but this one stuck out.  What the hell? Are these the women who failed to take advantage because they were busy getting boob jobs?  Or does is it trying to depict that homeowners who fail to take advantage are tools?

No comments:

Post a Comment