Health
I'm so bored of this topic. I know everyone else is too. But, when I need to know what happened when, I come here, so document I shall. Just skip to the next topic if you're as bored as I am. My sickness lingers on. Last night, I slept with two heating pads (the kinds you heat in the microwave, not the kind you plug in) and TWO down comforters on me because I was convinced the warmth would limit my body aches. I was right. I did get a decent night of sleep, though I did sweat a lot in the night. Oddly, despite sweating, I know it wasn't night sweats and I also did nothing to push off the second down comforter. I also slept in the same position all night. All very weird.
I thought I'd gotten lucky and avoid the usual side effects I suffer when getting on or off SSRIs. Tapering up on the Prozac hadn't shown any of my usual signs. I was wrong. It just takes longer for Prozac to build up in your system, so I didn't start to feel any of the side effects until yesterday. I have the usual tingling lips and a kind of electric shock feeling when I turn too fast, or when something startles me. I always get these particular side effects in the beginning. They will subside. Despite being relatively mild, I find them both physically and mentally painful, so I'm hoping they subside quickly. That I increased my dose today probably means at least another few weeks of side effects at this dosage. With my increase, I'm still only at 20mg. I think the typical dose for depression is 80mg, so I have a ways to go.
Energy
On the upside, I'm definitely seeing signs that the diet is truly helping my waking hours. I told D that this is really the first time in my life when I understand what people mean when they say they wake up refreshed. I've certainly had mornings in the past where I leap out of bed, but those were usually one-offs and/or very exciting days (wedding day, the day we went to pick up Avery at the hospital, etc) For the past couple of weeks, I'm tired when I wake up, but I get out of bed and about 10 minutes later, I'm awake. Like truly awake. I very rarely think, "Now, when can I get a nap in today?" This part is truly like night and day. That I think about my day in the shower in terms of what I can get done vs when I can arrange for a nap is a massive difference.
In a way, I'm also glad that the napping hasn't changed. I want that to go away, clearly, but that it hasn't lends some credence to the fact that this isn't all in my head. My body needs this sleep for some reason. What that reason is, I don't know. But it makes me feel so much better about myself. Maybe I'm not the laziest person of all time. Because now during my awake hours, I have energy and I am cleaning and doing things with Avery and generally getting stuff done when I'm not asleep. That was such.a.struggle before. A massive, constant struggle to just make it from one nap to another to bed. Now, while I hit a wall and need a nap, I at least seem to hit the wall running. That part is unpleasant, but I'll take that over crawling through mud to the wall so I can get some sleep.
Reintroduction
In theory I'm supposed to reintroduce on Monday. I think I've decided I'm not going to do it unless I'm well. I have made it this long. And while it's been relatively easy, as I've stated, the perfection of the elimination part of the diet is something I don't want to go through again. I want my evidence that it is or is not a sensitivity. I want that evidence as untainted as possible. Then I don't want to do the perfection of the elimination diet again. I want to stay eating closely to how I've been eating a vast majority of the time, but I don't want to think twice about whether there might be a smidge of butter in something or whether I just licked the yogurt off my finger when serving it to Avery. And I just discovered there is soy is sugar-free gum. I had a couple of sticks of sugar-free gum a week or two ago. Perfection is freakin' hard, people!
Bikes
D is out looking at bikes (motorcycles) with Avery. I am expecting him to call so we can all go out of sushi, which is about the only dining-out option I have at the moment. Thank goodness everyone in our family loves sushi. D is leaning towards the Triumph for anyone who cares (Collin, Dad :)). The Ducatti is more expensive, so I think that is the determining factor.
He's all signed up for his three day motorcycle safety class in March, so I would expect a new member will join our family around that time. It hit me the other day that I'll have to find space in our garage for this member. We have plenty of room, but the garage is my domain and mine alone. This is the opposite of most male/female spouses, I think. Despite our very traditional arrangement of me being the primary caregiver, primary cook, and primary cleaner and D being the breadwinner, we still have role reversal in a number of areas.
No comments:
Post a Comment