Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

DST

DST
This time change thing is really throwing me off.  I thought it was 4:00 and it was really 5:00, you know, because the time changed.  It is the time change that will need to take the blame for dinner out tonight.  I meant to hit the grocery store, however, things just got away from me.  Improved energy or not, I cannot go grocery shopping with a preschooler in tow at 5 PM when I'm already hungry.  If there was ever a recipe for disaster, that is it.  I wish we'd get rid of DST. It's rather silly to be changing our clocks when electricity exists.  
Preschool - final decision made
I feel 99.9% sure that even if Childpeace offers us a spot, we'll go with the play based program. I think Montessori has a lot of great things about it, but some of the things I've observed, as well as discussions with various folks (including anonymous commenter - thank you!), lead me to believe that my gut is telling me the right thing: playbased preschool is right for Avery and for us as a family. 

2 comments:

  1. I whole-heartedly agree with both points. Especially the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DST is a total drag. My fam lives in Arizona where they don't have DST so half the year we're on the same time and half the year we're off an hour. We should put a measure to abolish DST on the ballot.

    And btw, Mom instinct should never be doubted!

    ReplyDelete